Hello! Couple technical updates on our Burning Man Projects for the team, donators and potential collaborators:
- We have developed the structure, geometry and details of the two projects with the help of Ramboll Computational Design (RCD). See drawings and analysis below.
- We have signed the contract with Burning Man and received the first grant payment 20 of us are signed in to go.
- We have sent our first fabrication files to get an initial quote on CNC milling all the pieces on 2440mm x 1220mm exterior grade plywood sheets of 9mm (for Fractal Cult) and 3mm (For Shipwreck). Our hope is to collect the pieces on the 19th August.
- We will start small models to test the new structures
- The Shipwreck now has a parametric model which outputs all the cutting profiles.
Please help us continue the work, even £10 helps – Donate Now –
You can also comment on this page to make suggestions on the fabrication – We need more quotes for the CNC and/or Laser cutting job in the U.S. West Coast (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Fresno, Reno preferably) . We also need quotes for the scaffolding structure.